Technology, media, and telecom market participants are facing unprecedented levels of political and regulatory scrutiny. In an environment of increasingly bipartisan calls for tougher, more rigorous antitrust enforcement, dominant tech platforms find themselves defending a host of federal and state antitrust investigations.
Merger enforcement is also in flux, as nascent competition, big data, and digital issues draw ever closer scrutiny from antitrust enforcers. And against this backdrop, telecom regulators are grappling with how to best accelerate new 5G wireless technology that threatens to disrupt these existing market structures.
On December 5, The Capitol Forum will host a conference to discuss these issues and many others facing the future of antitrust and consumer protection enforcement in the technology, media, and telecom sectors.
- Wladimir Bocquet, Eutelsat
- David Chavern, News Media Alliance
- James Fishkin, Dechert
- Hank Hultquist, AT&T
- Jonathan Kanter, Paul, Weiss
- Alexi Maltas, Competitive Carriers Association
- Patrick McFadden, National Association of Broadcasters
- Howard Morse, Cooley
- Leslie Overton, Axinn, Veltrop, & Harkrider
- Jon Sallet, Benton Institute for Broadband & Society
- Alec Stapp, International Center for Law and Economics
- Holly Vedova, Federal Trade Commission
- Subscribers are welcome to attend as part of their subscription.
- Discounted tickets are available for academics, non-profits, and government officials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing details, more information, or questions.
- NY CLE credit pending for this event. Reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in receiving NY CLE credit.